Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Story of the Cape

Last year I met an acquaintance from my youth. It's a good story....his father had been friends with my mother when they were teenagers growing up . Later, when my mother met and married my father, this friend and his family lived just up the street and around the corner. Nice story .

This person and his dad have now come into my life. This time in an amazing way and we are going to be married next month. Very nice story.

The thing that touched my heart early in our communication were the stories he told of his childhood and his youth.

Meet Dennis...five years old....sixty years ago !! It's the 'expression' on that face that first captured my attention.

Photobucket


One of the first stories he shared with me was something that had touched his heart at one time....it's a song, but I am sharing the lyrics that tell the story best.

A song by a chap name of Guy Clark, and the title of which is THE CAPE.

Please let me share it with you...

"Eight years old with a flour sack cape, tied all around his neck, he climbed up on the garage, he's figurin what the heck.
Screwed his courage up so tight that the whole thing come unwound. He got a runnin start and bless his heart, he headed for the ground.

He's one of those that knows that life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath and ALWAYS TRUST YOUR CAPE..

Now he's all grown up, with a flour sack cape, tied all around his dreams, and he's full of ---- and vinegar, he's busting at the seams.
So he licked his finger and checked the wind, it's gonna be do or die, he wasn't scared of nothin boys he was pretty sure he could fly.

Well he's one of those who knows that life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath, AND ALWAYS TRUST YOUR CAPE..

Now he's old and grey with a flour sack Cape, tied all around his head. and he's still jumpin off the garage and will be till he's dead. All these years the people said he's actin like a kid.
He did not know he could not fly, SO HE DID....

He's one of those who knows that life is just a leap of faith. Spread your arms and hold your breath, AND ALWAYS TRUST YOUR CAPE.."

Cute song....and the fact that sometimes those around us don't see us as the Lord sees us...and it is He who gives us the courage and the ability to find the 'Wind'and let Him carry us .....where no one else could have seen us go... flying free on the Wings of Love.

So...this past July when my Friend and Beloved came to visit , he had a plan of where we should meet....so here are a few photos' of our first encounter, and the fun I have to look forward to experiencing in the years to come.

Photobucket


My first view as I drove across the parking lot .....suddenly I was laughing , and laughing wondering if anyone else was looking at this crazy man in a Cape and if anyone had decided to call the Police......nope....sigh of relief !! Now all I had to decide was if I would actually get out of my car and meet him.....yep....sure did.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


It seems if a lady of such an age as myself can leap from an airplane at 10,000 feet then joining forces with a man with a Cape, means I actually discover my own Cape.

Thank You Jesus...such a good story with a very happy ending. Dad has also been immersed in our lives and will join us when we relocate to British Columbia after we are married.

Such a good story Lord. We are grateful beyond measure.

4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Methinks the queen of romance has met her king!
:)

Wilda said...

so romantic.Congratulations on you!AND have you held your wedding party?It seems you did not write articles for a few days...

Anonymous said...

Very Cool meeting Mom! I hope you guys are enjoying your time together, it is so awesome to hear you soooooooo happy! It is your time! Live, Love, and Laugh as hard as you can!

Anonymous said...

By the way anonymous is me (Julie)
I guess because I don't blog, it doesn't show who I am.

Love you & Miss you so much, can wait until you come to visit!