Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Thursday January 4 th. 2007.

Just dropping in for a brief update. I worked New Years Eve, since this celebration does not do much for me.....never has actually.

Instead I think back on the last year, meditate on the amazing way that God has carried me through so many challenges and trials. I am grateful Lord.

I also seem to spend a certain amount of time grieving over what I consider my many failures before letting it all go ...... again. Don't you love a clean slate ? It is always good for me to regain my Focus , to Maintain Eye Contact and Default to the Romance ! (I am really good at beating myself up)

Celebrated another birthday on Tuesday, with my sister and her children blessing me with a lovely dinner, a balloon tied to 'my' chair, chocolate cake and much love. JoAnne even locked her six cats in the bedroom, with an abundant supply of cat nip, so that Sam could walk around without feeling the need to 'take back the land'.

Sometimes when we visit I usually end up carrying him around because he just keeps behaving like a dog...barking and chasing those curious cats...who have been known to gang up on him.

Something funny that really works is this. Carol-Ann and Kinza have witnessed the truth of this phenomenon as well.... right girls ?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I put a towel over his head....and he seems to know that is his 'time out' and he leaves it on for quite a while, and usually he is on my lap, not on the stove as in the picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It can be very amusing at times....however he can throw it off just as quickly, usually when we are unaware while watching a movie or chatting, and suddenly he bounds out from beneath his 'safe place' in hot pursuit of the taunting felines.

A good time was had by all ..... Thanks Sis .

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Nancy, albeit a late wish....I am sorry, I did not know! Well, I probably did know at one time, but I forgot...typical Rebecca. Anyway, I am glad you had a good time with your Sister. Funny pics of Sam....

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh those pics of Sam are just too Samuel!

NANCY! Your Birthday! I forgot completely on the day! Sniff! Happy Birthday -- but somehow it's just not the same as if given right on THE day, is it! Hope you treated yourself to some goodies!

Anonymous said...

I mailed you a present today (1/10/07). They said it could take 7 to 10 days to get there - airmail. I could drive up there quicker than that!

Bev said...

Happy happy Belated Birthday. I read Joyska's Blog today and it was an encouragement to me. When I'm busy DOING, It is good to remember that BEING is really what GOD seeing. JUST positioning ourselves BEFORE HIM is what HE wants!!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

I keep comin' back here when I need a giggle! I'm on a work week-end at a get-away spot. I intended to do NO internet at all when I came but I find I accomplish a whole lot more when I reward myself with a little blog-browsing and email stuff! These pix of Sam always pick up my spirit!