Sunday, December 31, 2006

A New Year Begins

I came across this timely devotional and it seems good to me to mention on my last post of 2006.

From 'God at Eventide'

December 31 - New Year's Eve

Bring to Me this eventide the past year with its sins, its failures, its lost opportunities.

Leave that past with Me, your Savior today as ever, and go into the New Year forgiven, unladen, free.

Bring to Me your youth or age, your powers, your love -- and I, as your God-guide through the year to come, will bring My agelessness, My powers, My love.

So shall we share the burdens and the joys, and the work of the days that lie ahead.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

A New Beginning...... into 2007 walking with Jesus . Happy New Year to all my friends and family.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy New Year to you...
I once knew a lady who got into her car and slammed the door and foolowed her heart, no matter what anyone thought....and then...

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Happy New Year, Nancy!