Monday, August 13, 2007

Beauty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The summer evenings here are humid and warm. I would take Sam out before bed, especially in Lakefield, where there is little light pollution and the stars are brilliant.

It became a favorite time of night for me, as Sam would revell in the many scents in the air and around his favorite tree in the front yard.

While he was enjoying this, I would gaze upward and stand in awe at the beauty set in the heavens by my Father. On more than one occasion I would see fireflies in the bushes in front of the house.

These were significant 'God Moments' when Jesus would whisper encouragement and courage to my heart ,and a goodnight kiss.

I remember when I was a child on evenings like this, my sister and I would sleep outside in the back yard on only a blanket and gaze for hours into the heavens.

Of course by about 4 a.m we would awaken wet and cold from the dew of the night and slip into the house and our warm beds . Oh the joy of sleeping under the open heavens.

Sam is gone now, but I still find myself slipping out into the night at the same time. I stand and gaze up at the Big Dipper , sitting there, so obviously declaring the Presence of the Living God, who set these stars in place, knowing the joy and comfort they would give to this child of His on a lonely summer night in 2007.

All heaven declares the Glory of the Risen Lord ! I have decided it is time for me to turn aside here and to return to my First Love.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

What a lovely description and poignant too because of Sam 's loss. My Jimmy would sit at my feet as i worked on the computer, I would talk to him. Sometimes I inadvertently look down to see if he 's there.