Saturday, October 27, 2007

Yawn....

There is a time to rest and that time is 'now' for me.... at least for a couple of hours. Last night or rather early this a.m. around 3:30 or so, M. was up and wandering the house. He did eventually go back to bed, but unfortunately I could not get back to sleep myself. The poor guy.... when he did get up he had on one sock, and didn't know when he had put it on.

I think I am getting too old for this ... loosing sleep that is, though I do feel like I cannot do this care giving for much longer either. It is very tiring most of the time.
The drive home is lovely.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The day is grey and foggy, but when I crest the hill at a certain point the simple view is so refreshing. I live in a beautiful area of the province,and even though the leaves are nearly finshed there is still considerable beauty everywhere.

It is a good sign that I am even aware of this.

I pull into the drive way , bleary eyed, the mucical sound that greets me is so uplifting. The Starlings have come to feast on the berries in the trees in the back yard. Now yes, they then leave their blue droppings everywhere but I am in a forgiving frame of mind today, since their song always lifts my heart.
Our God is such an amazing Creator!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Amrita said...

Caregiving is a tiring activity.
Your area is so beautiful, lovely refreshment to the soul.

Rebecca said...

I can certainly understand the tiredness that comes with caregiving.......but it is wonderful that there is beauty around you that brings refreshment. Now, if it will only bring you some sleep!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

How're ya doin', Nancy?
Are all your kitties gone to homes? I fall in love with them every time I click on your blog!