Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Last week as I was out for a nice walk around the neighborhood and the signs that the university crowd were moving on for the summer were everywhere.

Free crap everywhere! And no I did not drag any 'treasures' home with me though I have heard it said 'one mans trash another mans treasure. Not this day at least.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did take some nice nature pictures, but this one below captured my attention not only for it's simple beauty. The whole tree was filled with these lovely flowers , but there were no leaves .

Does anyone know what this flower is called ?

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Nancy! I love these pictures of all the free stuff!! Hmm...I wonder if I would be able to resist! I am a secondhand store queen and proud of it! I donate a lot of stuff to them, and I also love to get bargains.

It sounds like you are really enjoying your new job, and I'm so glad to hear it! I love learning new things, but I do get stressed out when I have to learn things too fast, so this sounds like you will be able to do the learning at a comfortable pace in a kind environment. How good God is to us all the time!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, Nancy!
Congratulations!!! Wow! Our God is an awesome God!!!
What a fortunate employer to get such a treasure!! I'm sure he'll soon find out. May God's glory invade this office and your life!!
Luv and prayers
Diane

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Yes, I can vouch for the FACT that Jeanette would at least have looked at the stuff!

re the flower -- no idea! I am so NOT good with names of plants and trees! But I do enjoy them for what they look like and this one is very pretty!

Amrita said...

My sister and BIL told me how people put their things out for anyone to pick up. Its really strange for us.

If I was around I would have taken a few things I am not ashamed, my NB family would never do it.