Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Dad

This is a link to a web site that features my father reading a bit of poetry.
He had a great radio 'voice '.

He was a local radio and television personality .
He has been in heaven for over thirty years, and this picture below was the last time I was with him. I was thirty two years old and he died eight weeks later. During this hug, the Lord told me this would be the last time .

Photobucket


He was a good dad, and loved his grandchildren, though he always insisted they call him Grampa Del. Today is my son Tim's birthday, and in the photo below he was maybe four years old. Where has the time gone ? Happy Birthday Tim .

Photobucket

3 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks so much for the link!
I really like that poem and can see how your Dad did well at radio!

I hope Tim has a wonderful birthday!

Trudy said...

I sure did enjoy the poem your Dad read, very moving indeed. What a nice and interesting blog.

Trudy

Jeanette said...

What a beautiful poem and a wonderful voice! Thank you for posting this link, Nancy. I know you still miss your father very much, a loss that can never be replaced.