Saturday, May 09, 2009

Rainy Saturday Visit

Photobucket


Today Zoe and I decided to take a drive to visit an old friend who sadly now is in a nursing home about an hour and a half east and south of my city.

Zoe seems to love the car ride, no matter where we are going. I love her company.

Photobucket


The photo below I took to show what some of the ladies were doing and seem to do every day.

Photobucket


This little sweetheart was very happy to have her photo taken even though 'my hair isn't done'.

Photobucket


Others are not afraid to let their face tell the story .


Photobucket


There are jigsaw puzzles for those who feel up to the challenge.

Photobucket


Lillian and I did manage to have a lovely visit. The fact that this is her life now breaks my heart , but that's another story.

Photobucket


On the drive home I spotted fields of Trillium the official provincial flower of Ontario . It is actually illegal to pick them. So I settled for a picture. I haven't seen one of these flowers since I was a teenager.

Photobucket


Someone once said 'gettin' old ain't for sissies'. Did you ever wonder how you will find your life as you are 'waiting for God'?

Makes me wonder... Wheel chairs, diapers, lonliness , locked in , comfortless sometimes even mindless. Is it all really 'just like a minute' here on earth in the view of Eternity ? Makes me wonder , even if it is.

Sometimes a day really is as a thousand years. I am glad Jesus holds my days in His Hands....that helps in my wondering.

2 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Beautiful post, Nancy! Thanks so much! Solemn thoughts all mixed in with beauty.

Jeanette said...

I just had to come over here and add my comment. Yes, this is a beautiful post, Nancy.

First of all, it is nigh impossible to beat the cuteness of your little Zoe! What a great picture of her!

Second, how I love that rainy-day picture! Not my favorite driving weather, but since you were driving, I can enjoy it totally!

Third, I so appreciate the thoughts you have shared and the way you show Jesus' heart to us.

I hope you have had a wonderful Mother's Day.