Friday, February 05, 2010

Long Ago

Photobucket


Once upon a time, a very long time ago, an old southern gentleman came to our town to promote his 'down home recipe' of some fried chicken.
There was a chap in town, name of Dave Foster, who opened a restaurant that served this old gentleman's chicken exclusively.

My father was in radio at CHEX and was involved in promoting new sponsors.

In this picture is my father and Colonel Harlen Sanders , of the 'original recipe'fame. I seem to remember being present in the restaurant and feasting on the product.

From that time on our family always had free KFC and we all still love it to this day, though I think it somehow tasted better way back then. Check out the jacket my father is wearing...no lapels...I will have to check on the year this was taken and the fashion styles....oh my !

No comments: