Monday, September 17, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


In that immense love
proceeding from the two
the Father spoke words
of great affection to the Son

Words of such profound delight
that no one understood them;
they were meant for the Son,
and he alone rejoiced in them.

What he heard was this:

"My Son, only your
company contents me,
and when something pleases me
I love that thing in you;

Whoever resembles you most
satisfies me most,
and whoever is like you in nothing
will find nothing in me.
I am pleased with you alone

O life of my life!
You are the light of my light,
you are my wisdom,
the image of my substance
in whom I am well pleased.

My Son, I will give myself
to him who loves you
and I will love him
with the same love I have for you,
because he has loved
you whom I love so."

On the communication among the Three Persons.
St. John of the Cross

1 comment:

Amrita said...

really profound words, may they be ours too.to be so close to Jesus. Sometimes its so hard. I have too much of self in me nancy.