Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Heart Sounds

Photobucket


Last week I went to have a heart test called a Thallium Scan. This is to check and see if all the blood vessels in my heart are flowing freely and if there are any cold spots. It could be all those years of enjoying butter on just about everything is perhaps catching up with me. We will see :)

In the meantime, if I were to go through the check point at the airport the Geiger Counter would tell them that I was somewhat radioactive. That would be fun ! Maybe I glow in the dark like the Tender Heart Care Bear my sister bought for me.

Anyway, time will tell what has occurred , if anything in my physical heart.

On the home front I am in my new place and it is turning out to be quite an adjustment. I guess as with any new situation , leaving a comfort zone is not as easy sometimes as we would hope.

I also have another job. That makes three to juggle my schedule around. This one is Secretary / Receptionist for an Eye Physician and Surgeon, a very busy practice. All good experience for me. I am thankful for the small things, even though it may seem otherwise at times.

I will be glad when Spring arrives.

Song of Sol. 2:10-13.

Son 2:10 My Beloved spoke, and said to me, Rise up, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.
Son 2:11 For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone
Son 2:12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land;
Son 2:13 the fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, My love, My beautiful one, and come away

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Gosh you have a lot on your plate....the three jobs..is that because they are all part time and the employers won't employ you full time so tht they do not have to give you as much money and also don't have to give you benefits??

Nancy said...

That's right Rebecca, but hopefully where I am could very easily evolve into full time if there is an opening.
This is what I am hoping for, as it is very expensive to live in this province and as it stands now I cannot afford a one bedroom apartment. What I am paying for a room would rent me an apartment with everything included in the peg. Of course that is not a 'posh' place mind you. Still I am grateful for the jobs...tired but grateful .

Rebecca said...

I understand how difficult it is to live in such a place ::::::Europe.....hang in there, for if it is not this problem, it could possibly be another.....sadly (or not) we are not promised a life of ease...but peace...so go after that - I know you are.

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy-Thanks for stopping by my new blog a little while ago and leaving me a nice comment!

I'm sorry to have lost track with you for a little while. I'm sure much has happened in your life as has in mine.

I'll be sure to keep checking in. I'm enjoying the You Tube video of You Won't Relent, right now...thanks for posting that. Even after the time that is passed I'm encouraged to see that we are both still after God's heart.

Take care.

Erica said...

Seems to be a season of transition for many people that I know...
hmmm....