Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good Post

Photobucket

A Whole 'Nuther Kind of Alive

Posted on November 18, 2009 by randybohlender

I slipped in to the Student Awakening service tonight just in time to hear Laura Hackett tear into the sing-songy “I was made for / I was made for / I was made for / I was made for / I was made for / I was made for love”.

This lyric probably best exhibits the fact that some things do not make the transfer from music to prose, because reading it back it sounds rather dorky…but sung, at the top of one’s lungs, with 2000 other people who are singing at the top of their collective lung, it’s a different experience.

Across the room, they were bouncing. ‘Dancing’ is too kind of a word for most of what was happening, as it denotes a certain grace and panache. No, the joint was jumping in a pentecostal pogo the likes of which I’ve rarely seen. And why? Because the lyric pings the heart of anyone with an ear to hear it. It declares what we all pray is true – that we were made for something beyond ourselves.

There is a growing discontent with the hollowness of self gratification.

Read the rest here.

To enjoy what Jesus is doing go here.

No comments: