Monday, November 02, 2009

Simplicity

Tonight I have been pondering the wonder of the Gospel. The truth that the Lamb was slain before the foundation of the world, that I was found to be IN CHIRST , before...the foundation of the world....

I am standing astounded and in awe once again.

God....the Uncreated Transcendent God....sent His Son....

God...put on flesh...and walked among us.....What kind of God loves like this I wonder?

He knew we would reject Him....but still He was willing ....

What love is this I wonder ?

Standing at my window this evening I was thinking about Jesus as a man, walking among us. Walking down the dusty roads of Israel way back when.

God.... just walking down the road out there.

Walking down the pavement outside my building this night. I can imagine Him there.
I thought 'what if He came walking down Armour Road tonight?'

I can see it....I can see Him suddenly...standing down on the road .
He looks up at my window on the seventh floor and smiles a wonderful huge smile.

He waves up at me and gestures with His arm....
'Come On...Follow Me!'
I can't help but smile back and feel with all my being my response....I'll be right down !

I can feel the pull, the wonder of the joy of leaving everything and heading out into the future with Jesus. ( I imagine we would bring Zoey because He loves little dogs).
It's easy to hold the things of this world very lightly at times like this.

I am astounded over and over....

God...walking among us still...calling , inviting, full of joy at the prospect of the adventure ahead.

I am all in Jesus...lets go ! No wonder they followed Him !

There's been a 'shift' you see......

No comments: