Thursday, November 19, 2009

You're Still Smiling

While tuned into the Prayer Room yesterday, Tim Reimher was doing the noon set and as always the lyrics to a song struck my heart.

"After all of these years, after all of this time.
How can it be ?

That Someone like You would love someone like me.

You're still with me....You're still smiling....You're still smiling."

Just picture it....Jesus smiling at you, Jesus smiling at me....

I grew up in a troubled home, where I don't remember many smiles. Life was difficult for my parents especially my mother, and as an adult , I came to understand why her life was tough and why she seemed to take it out on us.
Since I was the first born, somehow I thought all the unhappiness was my fault.

I also seemed drawn into relationships with some people where smiling was withheld as a punishment. Maybe I was even drawn into not smiling as well.
I regret it if this was the result of learned behavior.

There is something wonderful that happens when someone smiles at us. There seems to be an acceptance, sometimes a loving, sometimes just a kindness, or a joy, but when someone smiles at me it's a blessing and causes an immediate response of returning the smile.

I have been caught up in the Spiritual Awakening happening with students and faculty at IHOP-U . Jesus is so present in the midst of the youth, healing, setting free, doing miracles delivering from all sorts of affliction. It's wonderful to see and be part of , even on the web stream.

Freedom....freedom...freedom ...is the declaration, over and over.

Last evening I had the image in my minds eye of The Father embracing the whole body present there and even experienced the feeling of being embraced by Love myself right here at my computer.

I can see Jesus smiling triumphantly as His children are set free and healed.
His smile is beautiful to behold, especially the victory in his face.

Sometimes we don't realize how deep our sadness goes, and how much we need Him to lift our chin to meet His gaze and see His smile of loving acceptance.

again and again and again and again !!

So...here are some smiles that I treasure..... others that I would like to post I am restrained.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: