Thursday, March 22, 2007

The other day I was listening to some of the teachings from my 'Excellencies of Christ' class. Allen Hood is a great teacher. The thing that struck me again was just how much the validity of the Word of God and the Diety if Christ is under assault.

We know that Satan is doing this, but what I have been encountering is the fact that there are many Christians who are buying into that lie. I believe that the bible is God breathed by Holy Spirit, and when He opens my heart to the revelation of Jesus I am astounded.

In the early years of my christian experience the word really seemed like dead words on the page. Later there were times when His Presence breathed on me and the words on the pages became a Living Person, revealing Himself and His Plan to my heart. Then again, He would seem to withdraw and I would be fighting to find life in those same words that lived only a short time ago.

The enemy is out to abolish the Truth of the Word, like Hitler burned bibles and books that threatened his ideology during the second world war. He has not changed his tactics.
I am encouraged by the Word that declares.

Psalm 2:1-4 Why do the nations rage, and the peoples plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, Let us break Their bonds in pieces,and cast away Their cords from us.


verse 4: He Who sits in the heavens laughs: the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure.


The Storm that approaches will confront the 'spirit of the age, the anti-christ spirit' that even Jesus had to deal with in His time on the earth. As the days pass, and the cares of this world press in upon us, distracting us from what is around the corner, the measuring line is stretched out.

'He who is not with Me is against Me.' said Jesus. In the darkness of this hour our faith in Jesus will stand firm as we strengthen ourselves in His Word. It is this Living Word that will give us discernment in identifying the Real Jesus in the days ahead.

The tactics of the enemy have never really changed. It was in the Garden of God where he said to Eve, 'did God really say?' He seems to never tire in repeating this whisper in our ears.

Yes.... God really did say !!!!!

No comments: