Wednesday, December 05, 2007

From a very early age I have been a puppy person.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


When I was 4 years of age the little black dog who is the mother of this puppy was killed by a car out in front of my kindergarten. I remember running home in terror screaming, when some 'big' person told me my dog was dead.

My parents told me it was not my dog that had been in the accident, but 'Character' never came home again. My parents tried to protect me by telling me she had gone to a farm. That is all I remember about that, but it has left a mark.

Four was a very bad year for me in more ways than I want to recall, though I somehow made it through my first year of school and as a reward for all my hard work I remember getting one blue star at the end of a very messy printing scribbler.

This one below did not even belong to us, but I remember insisting that I wanted him in the picture as you can tell by the grumpy look on my face.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then I had my very own best friend for a while . I still miss holding him close and taking him everywhere . He was such a good boy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Sam has earned his wings

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Such a mixture of sweet and sad!
The pic of you and Sam sure brings back memories!

And the little wings and halo! Oh my! That could be Mini! Except, I'm afraid, she's a cherub wanna-be! Never met a naughtier puppy!

We were afraid she would give us real problems once the cold weather hit re going out to do her business. The joke is on us there! The cold and snow are like fuel in her tank her! You should see her power-horse around the house when we've dragged her back indoors!

Nancy said...

I know exactly what you mean Carol-Ann, Sam used to do the same thing.Lots of washing up after being in the snow, but they do love it so much.

Amrita said...

The pictures are so sweet.We also have had dogs, can 't live without them.I miss my Jimmy so much.He was fond of eating raw peas.