Sunday, March 15, 2009

Adventures In Ottawa

Well I have been here in Ottawa a little over twenty four hours and so far it has been an interesting challenge.

Things were going well....Jason and Yvonne had left a beautiful vase of roses on the table and a lovely thank you note in advance.

The girls arrived with excitement . In the early evening we three plus Zoey watched a movie while reclining on my bed.
'Rattatoui' the little chef who just happens to also be a rat.

My little dog was whining a bit, but I just thought she was jealous of the children.

I am a bad puppy mommy ! Why ? For missing the signals my little dog was giving me.

I am sure all of us have had the uncomfortable experience of having to go to the bathroom but have had to 'hold it'. That is what happened to Zoey. She had to go, was telling me something was wrong, but I was not listening.

A bit later , while busy with Anneka at the computer, Zoey jumped up on Jason and Yvonne's bed (another no ...no...) and lost it! Suddenly there was a puddle where there should NEVER be a puddle !

To make a long story short,and after much freaking out, there was no way I could fit the king size duvet in the washing machine, so I decided the only proper thing to do would be to replace it. I will keep the soiled one, wash it in the big machine down the hill from my place, and maybe eventually I will actually have a big bed of my own that it will look wonderful upon.

Anyway... I digress...

Today, after doing a bit of special shopping for Anneka and Aila , we headed to IKEA to replace the duvet. While we were shopping I let Anneka pick up a few blank gift cards at Walmart, and then again at IKEA.

I told her I found the little plastic card really good for scrapping frost from my windshield.

On the way home in the car, Anneka says...'Gramma ? Can we go to your bank now and you can fill up my gift cards ?'

Photobucket


She is just too funny .....I laughed at her practical thinking and the joy she had over the thought of me loading her many gift cards with all my money.

Ha ha ha ha...that's me dying laughing.

All in all, it was a fun day in spite of the huge traffic jam on the 417. Her comment just made my day , so tomorrow we just might have to take a 'small' trip to Dollarama and MacDonalds.

After all it's only money, and I happen to be the daughter of a Very Generous Father God who supplies all of my needs as He continues to love me outrageously.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Isn't it amazing how Grandkids just automatically KNOW that Grandmothers have an endless supply of money and that they just love to take them shopping!! Good post....

Nancy said...

Thanks Rebecca...yes they are a very fun generation.