Friday, March 20, 2009

A Safe Place

Photobucket


"Listen to me.....

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you ....


I've been carrying you on my back from the day you were born, And I'll keep on carrying you. I'll be there, bearing you when you're old and gray. I've done it and will keep on doing it, carrying you on my back, saving you. ( Is. 46:3-4 the message)

Sometimes, the cares of this life can be very overwhelming.
I have chosen to live my life in these later years , kind of in obscurity enjoying hiddenness.

After many tumultuous years I have been rescued
by Jesus, and I am so very grateful. No longer will I sell my soul for the counterfeit deceptions the spirit of this age offers.

I have learned to put a high price on my purity, finding the clarity of heart that accompanies such a decision worth the mockery the world may send my way.

The truth is my choice to live for the Lord according to my faith is not difficult . Even during the times of loneliness and misunderstanding I don't mind so much.

Where I am tested is in the place of security like where can I afford to live ? How will I pay my bills ? What happens if I get sick and can't work and there is no one to care for me ? How long will I be a viable employee as I age ? Even though I get scared every once in awhile , compromise is not an option for me.

It's not an easy life when you are in the early years of becoming a 'senior'. Notice I said 'early years'. It's fun to get the discounts and all, but can become frightening facing the later years , even with a strong belief system.

Recently , as I was ranting on to the Lord about a bunch of totally unrelated things He led me to the above scripture .

The Truth is the Truth is the Truth. I still believe in absolutes in an age when that it not popular. One Word from the One who created it all and holds it all together by His Word is enough to calm the storms that rage within me and around me. Just one Word from You can shatter a thousand lies.

So today , I speak my heart , taking the risk . Oh well, He has broad shoulders and a very tender and loving heart where I am carried all the days of my life.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, Nancy.....
all I can say is well done.
I think you are following The Way as you should be, and I am very proud of you!!!