Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Haliburton

Photobucket


This past weekend I was blessed to be able to drive north to visit my friends who live in the almost wilderness in the Haliburton Highlands. It is only about an hour and a half drive to the Old Donald Road.

Photobucket


This is the home of my dear friends, and the chap who repaired my car. It is so delightful to come visit and relax .

Photobucket


There is still quite a lot of snow on the ground, and the beauty is so lovely I just had to take some scenic shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went for a brisk walk , though the sun was warm the wind was pretty cold. It was worth the effort and we were able to catch this little fellow nearby.

Photobucket


What I found most stunning was the silence . Not a sound can be heard except the ringing in my ears .

At night the sky was like black velvet and the stars shone like brilliant diamonds with the Big Dipper (my very favorite since childhood) right above appearing so near and promising somehow.

Loving fellowship was filled with laughter, good food, and many stories of Bear and Moose encounters . I would love to live in such an environment. Then there are the stories of the Black Flies and the hordes of Moths....yikes !!! Oh yes and the variety of critters the family cat has been known to leave on the door step for approval.

All in all Zoey and I enjoyed ourselves so much we are going again this coming weekend and we are so very grateful to have such wonderful friends to love us and welcome us as family somehow. Thank you Lord !

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous pictures, Nancy! Thanks for sharing them. How wonderful to have friends like that!