Monday, August 10, 2009

Old Friends

Photobucket


The other evening I went to visit my dear friend Min. He is now safely located in Canterbury Gardens here in town, since his beloved Bertha passed away last July.

A couple of the old staff still do a bit of visiting and caring for him. I took him a few of his favorite treats...peanuts in the shell. He always likes to crack them open, and it seems to give him some satisfaction. Min just celebrated his 94th. birthday...amazing !

It was good to revisit the memories of my years with this lovely couple and below is one of my friends Barb who was there caring for Min when we visited. Thanks Barb for the tour and your compassion is beautiful.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I'm so glad you are able to visit Min and to have so many wonderful memories. And finding compassionate caregivers like you and Barb is a true blessing!

Nancy said...

Thank you Jeanette. Yes, caregivers seem to have a special grace from Jesus to serve . It is a very great blessing and only in eternity will we really know the fullness of that Grace.