Thursday, August 13, 2009

Woooo-Hooo !!



Jeanette, this is something I had wanted to do since I saw my son's video of his jump.
So on my adventure it was a mother / son experience. It is true that I prayed for several months before the event so that I would not freak out and miss the fun.

There was another chap with a camera on his helmet I think, and he jumped as we did and that's how he filmed it. Pretty cool guy called 'Fuzzy Dave'.
He then landed first so that he could film the rest of us coming in. The tandem instructor was very qualified and had done thousands of jumps.

It certainly was a Leap for Life and Freedom .

I think someday, we will all fly free of this earth and that is the poignant point of taking a leap and trusting Jesus. One is very aware of gravity when free falling at 120mph. before he deploys the chute. It happens very fast... I love that I can watch it over and over and realize that it is actually me doing this and not some stranger.

By the way, when I watched my son's video, I wept every time and it was the call to fly free with God , even while still earth bound that moved my heart I believe.

4 comments:

Amrita said...

Really exciting

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Naaaaaaaaancy!
This is just too much! I'm surprised you are still able to walk after that knee-buckling land! What an amazing video to have! If you ever do it again, just don't let me know till it's all over!

Jeanette said...

I just now saw this, Nancy. I wasn't expecting it, but it made my cry!! Why is that? I don't know... a tiny feeling maybe of what it might be like to actually be free, to experience for a tiny moment the exhilaration of being able to fly... I don't know. But I do know that you are one plucky gal! What an amazing video! I'm still trying to figure out how many people must have been involved in making this happen and getting all those different shots of it.

Jeanette said...

Nancy, I just saw your further comments on this. Thank you for adding them. I'm not sure if several months of prayer ahead of time would have been enough for me! But the longing to be free is deep inside even the chickens like me! Even though I couldn't do what you did, still something inside me longs for the freedom from the pull of this earth that your jump pictures for me...and that is our wonderful future!