Thursday, March 25, 2010

Neighbor Update

Photobucket


Last evening my sick neighbor came to my door to ask for ' refuge' and 'prayer'.

Earlier I had dropped into her place for a brief visit, to find an almost toxic atmosphere between mother and daughter . Neither are aware I don't think exactly why they are reacting the way they are to each other . It's a very difficult place for both to endure. 

I must confess I was shocked at her deterioration and hair loss in the last week.  This is happening very quickly.

So , my friend knocked on my door . 

Today she was facing the consultation with the doctor who will be in charge of her chemotherapy, should she decide to proceed that way.
I can't imagine being in her situation.

Kind of a no win situation. Chemo usually makes a person pretty ill, especially in this case where, the cancer is in many places. 

I listened for awhile, and then she asked me please pray that she would know the right decision to make. The prayer time was comforting to her, and to me since the Lord is so wonderful to make His Presence known, and His touch tangible.

He is so gentle with the broken and frightened . He knows the path ahead.
My prayer for my friend is for courage , strength  and  peace, but most of all a meeting with her Savior.  

What an amazing and terrifying journey.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Very sad indeed!