Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reason to Smile



With Easter coming soon, for some reason I decided to go to my personal movie archive and check out a Jesus movie from years ago. I think I needed to be reminded that Jesus is happy and who better portrayed this concept in the movie "Matthew'' than Bruce Marchiano.

So I settled in to be reminded .......

The point I want to make is that each time Jesus touched anyone, healed anyone, even as he was teaching his followers, he smiled. The scriptures came alive for me once again as the words were spoken on the screen.

Then he laughed !

He laughed with joy when he healed the blind man, the paralytic, when he was blessing the bread and fish, when he cast out the demons. Love joyfully displayed !



It was then I understood the laughter that I am beholding in the Student Awakening at IHOP. What joy Jesus experiences when one of his own finds freedom from the enemy.

For me , something wonderful slipped into my heart with each embrace I witnessed and tearfully experienced myself. And so I follow still , more fervently than ever.

For the joy set before Him, He endured the cross....for me.
So you can call me Joy !



Psalm 2/4, Psalm 37/13, Prov.8/31 , Is.62/5

3 comments:

Covnitkepr1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Covnitkepr1 said...

jESUS PUTS A SMILE YOU ONE'S FACE AND FRESH LOVE IN THE HEART EVERY DAY.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Loved this post!
Thanks, Nancy!