Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Value of a Sparrow

Photobucket


About a month ago I found out that my neighbor friend has cancer tumors in her brain. Since then I have been praying for her and asking for wisdom, what to say and when, and generally being available.

She has been coming to my door frequently since then . There have been opportunities to share my love for Jesus a bit, and even twice, to actually embrace her and pray for Jesus to touch her, which He has been doing . She even felt His Presence at these moments and last evening even was in agreement as we prayed.

Now she is telling me it's also in her lungs and lymph nodes. Palliative is coming to visit tomorrow. She appears to be 'in control', and for now is planning on dying in her home. This situation is so familiar to me, even her personality reminds me of my little Aunt T.

So, we will see how this goes. Last night she asked me to come to her place for a few minutes. As she lit her cigarette and cussed the Lords Name,I found myself saying , oh ....please....do you know that I love Jesus ....sorry God she says....I have been trying to stop... and she really has.

Later I was able ask her 'Do you know Jesus came, died, and rose again ? ' Oh yes ! it's just all the other 'stuff'.

So the seeds of truth are there and with the help of Jesus, we will tend these seeds with love and service and prayer.
The main thing is that Jesus beholds the heart of each one of us and our journey from here ...well... what that will look like...I don't know for sure.

I watch as this Lady faces her death, planning it all even, which just amazes me. So I will walk with her as far as I am led and see how the Lord will save another little precious life. Prayer is appreciated.

4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

So glad you wrote this out! Will be praying with you for her!

Trudy said...

That is very sad, the Lord will certainly continue to use you. Only eternity shall reveal how much.
I will remember her in prayer.

Nancy said...

Thank you ladies I really appreciate your prayers, there is a lot of opposition to her salvation as you may imagine, and I will listen and learn how to bring LIGHT. Love you guys.

Amrita said...

really so sad to read this. May this lady find faith as you interact with her Nancy.