Friday, March 17, 2006

Thank you

I want to give a great big loving thank you to two very special people tonight. The first is my very own lovely daughter in law Yvonne Parks.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This lady designed my original blog. One day, in a deep blue mood, I decided I was finished with blogging, so I deleted it.

Now, Yvonne knows me, and if I had mentioned to her that I was planning on doing this drastic deed, she would have counseled me to let her put it away for me for a bit. She would have known that I would later change my mind....again. But checking with her did not even occur to me.

I have become very withdrawn and kind of reclusive since I moved back to this dread city, so I have not been very communicative, but that is no excuse.

The thing is, I did not know all that was involved in designing a blog template from scratch. I just figured that a computer whiz genius like Yvonne, would just click something a few times, and voila! An amazing creation. Plus she was doing this for a lot of people back then, and liked to play at this stuff.

She actually taught herself ! How amazing is that! When I looked at a design your own template page the other day, I thought,what language IS this ?

I wish I had known. I would never have removed it. Too late I discover my error, and I am sorry for that.

Now my dear Yvonne is doing amazing creations and actually getting a fair wage finally, and was too busy doing valid work to begin again for me.

No wonder! What grace she has toward me . If that had been me I would have freaked out, but she is so loving and tender hearted.
Thank you Yvonne, for everything you have done for me, and for loving me through all the seasons of my crazy life, without judgment.

Then I decide, o.k. I can do this...right ? HA! I picked the basic template and then very soon discovered how really illiterate I am at this stuff. I do know how to click a mouse, when someone has shown me the way, but that's about it.

So, what's a girl to do ?

Then I remembered another wonderful friend that the Lord dropped into my life through the blog world.

This lady came into my life during the stressful time of my journey, when I was living with my dear little Aunt T. in Trenton. This lady even drove up to see me , and taught me a few new tricks on the computer, like how to make a music video.

Amazing!

Not only that, in a huge loving gesture she and her family became the tender 'caregivers' for my little buddy Sam, when I went to IHOP.

Meet Carol-Ann. Here she was getting ready to give my Sam a grooming. Pretty great for someone who had never had a pet before, let alone someone else's.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This lovely friend of God came to my rescue and has helped me get back on the blog. It was through her that I came to the true realization of the time involved .
It is one thing when one is playing around with something for oneself, but to lovingly sacrifice valuable time for another, that is love. Jesus kind of love.

I just had to give a huge loving tribute to these ladies. I love you both and am very grateful for the example of love you have shown me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right Nancy
They are beautiful ladies, inside and out.

Rebecca said...

Great Post Nancy - very real!