Monday, February 05, 2007

Sam

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Today I found out that Sam has cancer in his right lung and a lobe of that lung has collapsed as well. I have known he was a sick little dog, but not having a clear diagnosis until now has allowed me to choose denial. Now I know.

Reality Bites I have heard. Needless to say, I will be trying to come to grips with this reality and will cherish all the time I have left with him. There is no definite time given and no treatment that is feasable financially and to be honest, anything that could be done would not make his quality of life better anyway.

He does still have his spunky times like the squirrel watching and cat harrassing. Yep...even in the vet's , barking at this huge dog that had just had surgery and had one of those big collars on, and then 3 cats in the waiting area.
I was amazed...... anyway....

I am grateful to the Lord for His Presence with me through this sad time, and appreciate your prayers if you think of us.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh Nancy, that is so sad. I know that your little friend has travelled a long road with you, and so this must be heartbreaking. I will pray for you, and for little Sam the man as well.

Nancy said...

Thank you Rebecca. I know that you know what it feels like in remembering Whoopie. Love you.

Yvonne Parks said...

ohhhh...that is so sad! Poor Sam!

I'll keep you in my prayers....

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. Reminds me of when Kona died of cancer. She looked at me as if to ask, "Can I go now?" As I released her, she took one last big breath, closed her eyes, and went to sleep forever. It was the saddest time, & yet I can't remember a time when I felt God's peace & presence more. I pray you sense Him in increasing measures as you go through this difficult time.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh Nancy!
You know how ALL the Allens feel about this one! Sam's been our little boy who visits every now and then! He's made every corner of our little house his personal place to guard and snoop through! He is an attentive, obedient, cheerful, playful wee guy with an attitude above reproach toward everyone and everything (except fellow-animals)in life! Hopefully he will stun medical predictions and live happily in your care for a long time!

Erica said...

I'm very saddened to hear about little Sam.
The idea of losing your friend is very sad.