Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thank You

Thank you my friends for your encouraging comments. It will be a process and I remember saying to Lillian a while back that the pain remindes me that I have loved well. Better the sorrow now to prevent the numbness later.

So with the Lords nearness I will choose to let my heart experience all that will be involved in this next phase of the journey.

I finished my final exam in Anatomy tonight. I stayed up today studying even though I had a sleepless night at work, and nearly all the material that I was thinking I didn't know was all swooshed together in my brain .... turned out half wasn't on the test and the rest was so easy I could have had a good rest .

Oh well... and now here I am up late celebrating a few days off.

I have cancelled my trip to Toronto since I want to stay close to Sam and let myself begin to deal with the whole thing.
I need to work on my typing skills anyway. Transcription !!!! Lord have Mercy!

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Transcription!
You shall do well! You have done so much typing over the years that even though certain fingers haven't been always assigned to certain keys, you are still familiar with the keyboard! It will all merge together!

My biggest problem in tying used to be that I couldn't rake my eyes away from my hands. I was convinced I just had to watch my hands or I would make errors! Also, it took a good deal of time to realize that computer keys didn't need to be hammered like the old manual carriage and bell typewriters! Getting everything down to minimum energy strokes increased speed in itself!

If you open a Word document and just type (not from a book or dictation ... just from the dictates of your thoughts) and have as your two rules that your eyes don't leave the screen and that your fingers work the right keys, ten minutes a day of journaling like that will also make an incredible difference! I have also found that learning to reach accurately for the backspace key (without looking at my hands) increased speed and accuracy. When you are typing you can just feel when you make an error and being able to catch it quickly right at that moment is a good thing! Just in typing this little note I must have reached for that key about four times! But it can be done so smoothly it is as fast as a key stroke!

All the best!
Lots of love and TLC to Mr. Sam!