Friday, June 08, 2007

Yesterday I drove to Trenton to visit my friend Lillian. We finally finished reading The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens. It only took me nearly a year !!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Lillian has macular degeneration and usually sits in her wheel chair with the television on from morning to night. I will not forger her, and neither will the Lord, no matter what the resistance, and there is much resistance from many directions.

So I will continue to pray and love her, holding her before the Lord every day. We have a new book to begin the next time I visit. The Country of the Pointed Firs,and Other Stories by Sarah Owen Jewett.

On the home front, the vet has told me we can get Sam's codeine in the 'transdermal patch', so that is very good news for now.

I asked her how long before the latest tumor would block his airways. We really don't know, but she said Sam has long out lived her expectations since when she first saw his x-ray in February.

So every day is a gift for which I am very thankful to the Lord. He really is the One who ultimately makes the decision, at least for me and either way, I will trust Him to either take him Himself or give me the word and the courage to do what must be done.

In the meantime, Sam continues to keep the squirrel population in our yard aware of his presence..... too funny !

5 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Can just see him yappin' at the squirrels! He can be such a little spit-fire!

Congratulations on finishing the book! That was a LONG haul! I'm sure Lil looks forward to those times with you, Nancy!

Rebecca said...

I am not surprised that it took a year to read Dickens. Erin says that she will read just about anything except for Dickens, because he was toooooo wordy!!! Interesting comment since books are all about words. But I know what she is meaning. Sometimes we say too much to simply express a little.

Amrita said...

Is the IHOP located in Kansas City with Mark Bickle as the leader, they come on God TV

Nancy said...

Yes it is Amrita. I was privileged to be able to have eight months there in the prayer room and classes. I am hoping that someday the Lord will take me back there. The prayer room is like 'Home' to me.

Anonymous said...

Great work.