Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's Time For Me To Remember

Photobucket


Hab. 2: 2-3 Then the Lord replied, Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

Psalm 105:19 Until the time that his word came to pass , the word of the Lord tested him.

Esther 6:1 That night the king could not sleep , so he ordered the book of the chronicles, the record of his reign to be brought in and read to him.

So... last evening I opened some of my old journals that I have been keeping for the last few years. It was necessary for me to look back at my journey and the promises and encouragement I believe was from the Lord.

Funny , it was just like plugging in my cell phone to charge it up. So encouraging and in many ways still alive with hope and comfort.

Anyway, I was doing this while at my job in Lakefield . My seniors were sitting holding hands on their couch and were watching the figure skating championships on TV.

Ah the sweetness of confusion...... Min came over to sit at the table with me as I was reading and reflecting in my journals.

He thought I was studying and I suppose I was in a way. This sweet man sat down and seriously offered to help me with further training. Whatever he could do financially or in any other way, to help me 'get more ice time'.

(Sorry I just couldn't resist adding this old picture.)

Photobucket

I told him that I was ok, but I really appreciated his concern for me. Then in the next breath he told me that he didn't know what he was talking about...... (he is sometimes aware that his thinking is in bad shape)
.....then again continued to offer me assistance in my training regarding 'ice time' because he knew it was costly. Then he went back to B. and discussed it with her.

It's all about the heart of the man, sweet and generous, and he was so serious that it moved my heart.

The reality is his brain gets 'stuck' on things sometimes , and attempting to change the subject doesn't always work. He was convinced they were interested in my 'skill' and offered much encouragement to further my training.

Sweet and funny and kind of sad.

I switched the TV to the news and that worked really well to distract them both for the rest of the evening.

Then I got back to reviewing the faithfulness of the Lord in my life . I guess I really am in training for something or other . I wonder if I will ever really figure it all out ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Nancy!
Christ is risen.He is risen indeed!
You will figure it out.
When it's time, nothing can stop Him!
Luv ya
Diane