Monday, March 17, 2008

More Magic Moments

Photobucket


As the days go by, the girls are settling in to having Gramma around instead of Mom and Dad. Aila was eager to demonstrate her piano lesson as was Anneka.

Photobucket


It was insightful to observe Aila's response to music. One day, she wanted a cd on so she could dance,and as we listened to an instrumental called Imagine she commented on parts of the music.
" That part is a monster in the woods, and another was someone tip toeing along." I was impressed by the way she could 'hear'. I love the wonder of the child's imagination and perhaps a clue into her gifting.

Photobucket


Showing off her Senators Sweater. I wanted both the girls but Anneka was busy on her computer.

Photobucket


One of the rewards of Gramma sitting. Letting Anneka tell some stories at bedtime , all the while knowing she is really stalling the inevidable lights out.

It was so fun to help her a bit with her homework, and I am amazed at how seven short years can grow a child so much. I remember how my heart literally leapt the first time I held her as a new born.
Now, when she gets going on some idea...usually to obtain an illegal snack or perhaps coming up with some plan to go shopping, I see myself in her, especially when I was eight years old.... very funny ...well scary actually.

Photobucket


Some of my favorite times with Aila have been the bedtime prayer times. So precious. I am very blessed to have this time with my girls.

Mommy and Daddy are back tomorrow night and I will be heading home on Wednesday. One of the funny things I must comment on is that taking care of my seniors is way easier than looking after a seven and four year old.

I keep reminding myself that I have raised four of my own and actually had five for a couple of years, and I survived. That was a long time ago now, and I am a lot older and way more tired . It has been fun and a delight to have this time with my loving granddaughters . Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

I just love the pictures Nancy and how you write about them.
I am so glad you are able to have this time with the girls.

Love Trudy