Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Remembering Bertha

Photobucket


My Lady Bertha passed away on Monday evening . Her heart just stopped, and she went to Jesus . She died holding Min's hand, just like always,only four days before their 67th. wedding anniversary. Amazing !

Photobucket


I just happened to drop out to visit them last week. B. had suffered two TIA's and had pneumonia, but she was sitting there chipper as ever.

She was seeing things like angels, 'people out there on the water' and that 'little dog'.

These two lovely people have been the greatest gift to me in the last two years. I discovered the wonderful fulfillment of serving in the hidden place, and I miss that.

I am scheduled to work there this Saturday, and now it will just be Min.

I wonder....

Bertha was an amazing Lady and every time I would tell her that she would giggle. It was an honor to love and care for her.

4 comments:

Amrita said...

Oh what a beautiful lady.

Aunty Sybil also went like that.

Heaven must have given them a joyous welcome.

Amrita said...

Oh what a beautiful lady.

Aunty Sybil also went like that.

Heaven must have given them a joyous welcome.

Rebecca said...

Nancy - well done on a job well done and completed in Bertha's life. I say that knowing that caring for her was much more than a job for you and that you will miss her.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Nancy!
Thinking of you tonight as you care for Min and praying for blessings and strength!