Sunday, July 20, 2008

Photobucket


This is a wedding picture of Min and Bertha taken 67 years ago yesterday.

B's funeral was a celebration of her life and brought many smiles as well as tears , especially for me , from the songs she had chosen , 'He's got the whole world in His hands' to The Old Rugged Cross, and even the scripture reading John 14."don't let your hearts be troubled'. I was truly undone .

Yesterday I cared for Min. At one point he asked where Bertha was . I gently reminded him . The Alzheimer's has robbed him of his memory to a point, but I think it is the silence that makes him wonder where did she go ? Me too. Though I know where she is now, I was acutely aware of where she isn't any longer. With us... making us smile at her joy over winning a game of 'go fish', or singing along with Lawrence Welk, considerably off key, but not bad for one so hearing impaired.

As one day blurs into another in this life, death and eternity make an intense intervention . I am once again reminded that this life is a breath, a vapor, and eternity is where Real Life finally begins.

I can't help wondering at all the Wonder that surrounds Bertha at this moment and I wish I could see her face as she gazes with joy on her Savior.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Nancy! I have been sneakily reading in bloglines, I have to admit, but wanted to tell you how much I have appreciated your posts on Bertha and Min. Thanks for capturing their beauty for us.

Amrita said...

Their wedding photo is lovely Nancey. What a beautiful lady.

Feel so sorry for Min. He mustt miss her so much.Its difficult for him to ubderstand she has gone.