Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh No!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Now if you ask me, this doesn't look all that serious of an injury. Rumor has it they are on the brink of deciding to write it off. This can not happen !

This car has been more my home in the last four years than the actual places I have lived.
This car is the inheritance from my time with my little Aunt T. It is precious evidence of the Lord's great provision.

If they take it from me what they consider it's worth is next to nothing, and whatever they replace it with financially will not be enough for me to purchase another.

I am begging them to please, please fix it. Don't paint it, I don't care if it's crumpled looking, that's a good style for me at my age.

So please pray .....it may seem silly but this is heart breaking for me.

And I do know He holds my every moment.... I just need Him to please hold me very close.

5 comments:

Trudy said...

Awww, that is too bad. But....if they give you money for it you could use that to take out a lease for a small car. That is what we did after Ted had an accident 12y ago and we could not afford to spent money on a car

We were given only 9000.00. But a lease for a new small car is under 250 a month. Think about it, you get a car with a warranty, worry free driving. We have had a lease car ever since.

Yvonne Parks said...

That doesn't look like a write-off at all!!! you can argue with them, you know. I think they only write it off if the damage is more then the vehicle's worth. They tried to do it with me once...and I said "No way...I bought that car 6 months ago for $_______...and they said "Oh...okay then".

Tell them when you bought it, for how much, and remind them that it's been driven gently by an older lady.

they WON'T write it off....

Nancy said...

Yes, I am going to fight them on this one for sure. I don't want to get into the dept involved even with leasing. It's paid for and I won't go into debt...I am also going to tell them I want more than one estimate.
I guess it's time I learned to speak up on my own behalf. Thank you for your concern ladies.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

This is just dreadful!!! Nancy! Were you hurt? I'm SO sorry to see this! Whatever happened was on the driver's side of the car! When did it happen? Did you get checked out at the hospital -- sometimes we don't feel injury until the shock has worn off!

I'm sorry about your car, too, but right now we are ALL feeling some anxiety for you in the Allen household! Was Zoey with you? OK, I'll stop the questions!

Love to you!
Carol-Ann (and Bruce and Kinza with a woof from Mini!)

Amrita said...

They are very strict in Canada. In India you could just get it fixed.