Friday, June 23, 2006

Encounter

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Come, and sit with Me awhile. A prayer room encounter with Jesus.

In the midst of the prayer room activity of worship, adoration and supplication, An Unseen Figure sits alone, veiled to human eyes.

I perceive Him sitting , praying to His Father. My heart is immediately drawn to this Man. He is clothed in a dark scarlet colored garment with a hood covering His bowed head.

He doesn't look directly at me , but somehow I feel His invitation to come and sit beside Him for a while.

As I look upon Him sitting solitary, I sense a deep sadness surrounding Him, a lonliness and longing in His prayer. My heart responds with a quickening pulse and I hasten to His side.

His heart draws me in and I am greeted with tender gratitude and welcome. Reaching out, hands touching, my trembling soul bows low as Amazing Love embraces my entire being.

We sit quietly together in His house of prayer. Worship and devotion ascending to His throne. The songs are the songs of the Lamb, declaring His Great Worth, and His great Sacrifice.

He is holding my hand, and with a gentle squeeze, I am tenderly invited to explore the wound I know is there. This is only one of the wounds of Love.

These mighty hands of power and healing. I am in awe as I think again how this God-Man , my Beloved, restrained Himself.
Submitting to men restraining these loving hands, that formed our frame. Held fast with cruel nails upon a piece of wood that He Himself created, for this very purpose.

My salvation. The bridal price.

Now, I know it is my turn. "May I touch your scars Dear One He whispers tenderly?" The fragrance of myhrr surrounds us, and my heart cringes. He knows! I long for His touch even though my fingers are bent and twisted. I am so ashamed that feel I am not beautiful enough for Him.

I remember that He has promised me healing. Still my heart feels the burden of wanting to be pleasing and lovely to this One I love so very much."You see with the eyes of man, my love."

Slowly He reaches in to His Heart. My soul trembles in joyful wonder as He extends to me a beautiful gold ring, and the Cup of Betrothal.

"Are you willing Beloved?" "Will you drink the Cup?" "Oh Yes Lord!"

His Beautiful Face radiates a brilliant smile, and I find myself lost in Love's Gaze, embraced completely in Love Himself. I am undone. Again!

2 comments:

Joyska said...

beautiful nancy... well written, and well felt!

Bev said...

How lovily