Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I was moved by this posting from Lisa at The Uprising, and since I cannot always get the link thing to work, decided to dispay it here. I hope that's ok Lisa, I want to think on these things more than I have been. Thanks for the reminder.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


My kid fell today. turned, looked, & saw my kid in full scream sprawled spread eagle on concrete. i dropped everything... and ran. i don't run. anyone you meet who knows me will tell you this. but i ran. after the comforting hug, washing of the scrapes, & some neosporin, he was off on his next adventure. i got to thinking about the prodigal son's dad running out to meet him. yeah, it makes total sense. my world stops at my sons urgent need... and to his urgent needy cry, i am captive to respond. i could do nothing else. it's in my d.n.a. i wonder if God is like that too.

And if the grief stricken, impaled by tragedy, are too wounded or angry to cry out, can we cry out for them? is this then the definition of intercession. if a nation, a people, or a person, becomes too broken or bound to even think of heading home, can we cry out for them? is then this the definition of intercession?

Dad, Joe is too broken & angry to cry out so i cry out on his behalf. Dad run out to meet him... where he is. Dad the people of Joe are too grief stricken & shell shot to lift up their heads toward heaven & cry out to you in their grief. Dad hear my cry on their behalf. Meet them as you would have met me. And if they share blame - forgive & have mercy & hurl in solutions - for Your name's sake

No comments: