Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sharing The Journey

Photobucket


The other day, I was encouraged by this post by Randy Bohlender an Intercessory Missionary at IHOP.

"Living a prophetic life messes with my conciliatory nature...because the intention of a prophetic word in regards to the kingdom of darkness is to invade, take over and set up government.

It's truth encountering a lie, really....and all the chaos that ensues when that happens. It's been likened to shining a light into a dark room, but it's never that simple.
There are people in that dark room, and some of them close to the prophetic word cast shadows behind them - pockets of darkness, even if only in shades of grey...yet light doesn't compromise. It shines.

Almost nothing about being a prayer missionary is easy. It's rewarding. It's pleasurable, even, but not easy. It's misunderstood and financially challenging. I sometimes feel at odds with everything from the economy to the law of gravity. Once in a while I tell myself that I'll figure this out eventually and it will get easier. I probably tell myself other lies too."

Once again the 'Light'went on and I am so grateful for those who share their journey . You can read the rest by following the link.

The fact is that wherever we find ourselves, whether in the House of Prayer or in the wilderness of the world, we need to encourage each other in the journey. John Paul Jackson is also talking about the struggle between light and darkness on his blog here.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

You are right. being a prayer missionary is dangereous work too as you are stepping into Satan 's territory and claiming land back.

I have experienced it first hand.

I have seen John Paul jackson and IHOP on God TV