Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Safe In The Arms Of Love

Photobucket

Happy Birthday to me...... another year has passed. What a year it was, and I am glad it's over.
Usually I do a year end review of my life, just to see how the Lord has been leading and how I have progressed in my journey.

This year I do not feel so inclined. I have been too much aware of my loss, what with the passing of my Sam, the discouragement in trying to find a secure job, and the frustration of finding myself still living in a room in someone else's house.

It was not supposed to be this way.

When I made the decision to come here after my time at IHOP, I was filled with anticipation of the promises and vision from the Lord. It was supposed to be easy because if the Lord had been leading it would all come together the way I had imagined.

Ha ! I wonder if that is what Joseph may have thought after he had told his brothers of his dreams from the Lord. Notice that Joseph was not given dreams as a boy about being sold into slavery and ending up in irons in the dungeon. God did not tell him everything at the beginning of his journey.*Jill Austin reminded me of this*

I am not so brave as Joseph or any of the other biblical persons that I admire . Maybe I am kind of introverted, and like Ruth feel more comfortable gleaning in someone else's field, than having the courage to go and ask for covering and favor from Boaz

Whatever.....

Some of the things I did learn were very valuable. I discovered the John Eldredge book, Waking the Dead. He reminded me that this world is a war zone, whether we want to see it or not, it is still true.

We have an enemy who wants us destroyed, and a God who wants to teach us the truth about how He really feels about us, how to fight the lies and walk empowered in these days.

So by the end of this past year I had had enough thank you very much !
Enough pain and sorrow, enough fear, rejection and distress. You know the feeling of, 'Lord I can't take it any more....HELP ME PLEASE!

Still.... at the end of the day, I woke this morning to a whisper in my ear... Happy Birthday Beloved! BEFORE I formed you in the womb I KNEW you and I KNOW the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope.

The best thing that I have found yet again is that His Word is the truth, He is very much alive, and He cares deeply about me even when I think I am beyond loving.

So once again it is my choice. Today, as for me and my house I will serve the Lord!
After all, how hard can it be ?
Right Yvonne?

I just read Amrita'slatest post and found this great scripture.

Deut 1:31 says"The Lord your God carried you as a father carries his son all the way you went until you reached this place".

A fitting conclusion. I am very grateful Father, thank you.

4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Happy Birthday Nancy!!!!!!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

WHEW!!!!
I got in JUST under the wire!

I thought several times of you today at work and of course forgot as soon as I got home!

I hope you've had a lovely day! Now I shall go back and read your post at leisure!

Happy Birthday from Kinza and me! She's sittin' here laughin' her head off and cheering wildly that I got in before midnight! ... I remembered at 11:58!

Nancy said...

Thanks Carol-Ann. Actually, just another day, trying to rest up from a long night at work, so my bed was the best place for me today.

Amrita said...

May God give you a happy and good year ahead.

Yes he is the one who carries us forward.
Love,
Amrita