Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sanctuary

I am searching for a City of Refuge. I know there is a very definite spiritual battle raging. Most of the time I want to ignore it.

Lately though it has become clear once again that there are specific areas where the spiritual atmosphere easily influences my perception and sensitivity to the Spirit of the Lord.

As I sit here at my computer in my 'tent' I am feeling not too bad as long as the prayer room is playing . Somedays it is dark with oppression . I have prayed over and through this room in which I have to live, yet the house does not belong to me and therefore seems to be under another influence. I know who and why the influence is here, but cannot seem to shake it off and keep it out of my 'legal turf'. Or is it something within me ?

When I go to work the home in which I find myself, the atmosphere seems clear and quiet . I can see and hear from the Lord more clearly, even though sleep deprived. Even in my car it is so easy to connect my heart to the Lord.

When I visit Jason and Yvonne, it is amazingly apparent that there is a Spiritual deposit that lives with them . It is like a breath of fresh air to be able to connect with the Lord in their home . Maybe there is a portal being established there or over the city.

I don't quite understand why I can't establish anything here where I live. I am very unhappy here, and cannot seem to find release or a job situation that will allow me to have my own apartment and therefore establish my own Spiritual Safe Place.

Maybe it's like the song 'By the Rivers of Babylon where we sat down, how can we sing the Lord's song in a strange land ?'
Am I in a strange land directly from the Lord's hand to teach me something or have I missed God so badly that there seems to be no way out? I do not really know for sure.

One of the main enemies of my soul seems to be Unbelief. It feels like an actual 'presence' here in this house . Last night at work , I dreamed there were two 'brothers' fighting against each other over me.

In my dream I ran and hid in a closet screaming .(Way to fight girl!)
Can Faith and Unbelief be brothers from another age, or are they unseen warriors battling over me ? Or both ? Or am I loosing it ?

I don't really know the answers and am just talking it through to see if anything makes sense in the light of day. I hate the spirit of this age ! It seems to hang like a cloud over the land working overtime to obscure the Truth from eyes and minds of believers and unbelievers alike.

At the end of the day, I imagine I will make it through but the journey is taking it's toll . Perhaps that's the whole point. Yet I will set my face like flint and press into God.

Still....I can't help thinking .... Sanctuary !

Then there is the uplifting message from Max Lucado below reminding us of the Truth.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Why don't you move...like nearer to say Carol-Ann????? I do not think that God intends for us to sit in unhappiness for so long in order to teach us a lesson....we should talk on the phone later....

Amrita said...

We are ivolved in a spiritual warfare. i 've lived in a house which caused me and others to drift away from the Lord...you may think I 'm weird blaming the house, but several incidents took place in our lives which were clearly not from God. Glad we sold that apartment.

may the Lord reveal His will to you.