Monday, September 08, 2008

Photobucket


This is one view of my new digs. I have not completely unpacked yet since that takes too much energy these days.

Thanks to my brother in law Ron and my nephew in law Mike, Sarah's husband .

Without their help and encouragement it would not have been possible since I am becoming an old fogg and the many restrictions that come with such an age.

I used to work in this building when I was 17 years old and it was then a factory that made clocks. It would be too funny to discover the actual floor I live on is the one I helped assemble electric clocks , way back in 1963.

Then the building was known as Westclox General Time, and today is known as Time Square.

At the bottom of the hill to the east lies the world famous Lift Locks. There is a small tunnel in between the locks so that a single line of traffic takes turns passing beneath .

Photobucket


It is a nice tourist area and very soon the leaves will once again be splendid in their fall colors. Yes, a pretty little town indeed.

Tomorrow I will finally have my phone installed and my very own phone number. Yay !

5 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

A great post to read, Nancy! Your own place, back to where you worked so many years ago, so close to the locks, your own phone...! I remember when I got my "own phone" after going through a huge list of boarding in other people's homes! It was second only to my own bathroom!

Nancy said...

Gee Carol-Ann I totally forgot to sing the praises of my very own bath tub...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!
Looks like a great place!
Looking Good!
Luv ya
Diane

Jeanette said...

Beautiful indeed! And I can just imagine what the fall colors will be like. I miss then so much. Our scenery here is beautiful in the Rockies, but the colors can never come close to what you have in the East.

Enjoy your own place, Nancy!

Trudy said...

Nancy
I am glad for you that you finally have your own place even if it is small.

I would appreciate having your phone number though!