Friday, July 24, 2009

Photobucket


The last couple of days in reminiscing with my brother Rob, he reminded me of some funny stories.

When we were kids, our mother had to work, same for our dad. Mom worked at a place called the Bonner Worth Woolen Mill , and all I remember was that some times she would bring us home the ends of the skeins, and huge chunks of chalk like the kind used by children today as sidewalk chalk.

Sometimes her shift required her to be gone at different times, so since I was the oldest it fell to me to babysit. I might have been around 8 - 10, can't really remember. At that time there were myself, Rob, Joanne and Michael and Darlene came along later..

Anyway, Rob remembered that one time I made 'cooked pudding' for dessert( before the advent of instant) and dyed it green , but the kicker is I decorated each bowl, by putting each of our initials on top.....with toothpaste !!!!

As he told me this, there was a flicker in my brain of remembrance ....
yep...I guess I did. Wasn't that domestic of me !

Photobucket

Couldn't find a picture with toothpaste initials on it.


This same brother used to chase me with the broom....or was that me chasing him...he was such a little terror, that I do remember. The memory that stayed with me forever was when he would chase me with a feather out of the pillows and for many many years I had a deep fear of moths.

I am happy to report, the Lord has healed that great terror for me .....once I realized they crumble to dust when you whack them with a good and thick rolled up newspaper, no not a fly swatter, too close contact...has to be a thick item for plenty of distance between my hand and his flaky body....I call that a healing anyway. No way do I let the little monsters live.....yep I'm healed alright.

There are likely many more humorous memories hidden away beneath the not so good ones that like to try to dominate.

I am told everything is in there... the memory that is. Once while having an MRI I totally remembered something as the ions were messing with my frame, and after that big magnet was shut down, it was gone . So weird.

No comments: