Monday, October 26, 2009

Reflections of IHOP

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


So Come...and sit with me awhile....a prayer room moment.

In the midst of all the prayer room activity, worship, adoration, supplication and declaration, and unseen figure sits alone veiled to human sight and awareness.

I perceive Him sitting praying to His Father. My heart is immediately drawn to this Man. He is clothed in a dark colored garment, with a soft hood covering His bowed head. He doesn't look at me, but somehow still, I feel His gaze beckon me to come and sit beside Him for a while.

As I look upon Him sitting solitary I sense a deep sadness surrounding Him. My heart responds with a quickening pulse and I hasten to His side. His heart draws me in and I am quieted with tender gratitude. He reaches out and takes my hand in His.

My heart surrenders as His love floods my soul. We sit quietly together in the house of prayer, while the worship team offer their devotion to His Throne. The songs are of the Lamb, songs of His Great Worth, songs of His Great Sacrifice.

As he holds my hand, he tenderly invites me to explore the wound I know is there. This is just one of the wounds Love knows. The hands that formed the galaxies and lovingly fashioned my heart, held fast to the cross of suffering and death. I am humbled as I think upon His restraint and submission.

Then I know it's my turn. Can I search your wounds dear one ? Oh no! My heart cringes. He knows . I long for His touch, even though my fingers are bent and twisted and I am so ashamed that I am not beautiful enough for Him.

I am dark, but lovely.... and it is with joy He whispers

Behold you are fair my love! Behold you are all fair! You have dove's eyes.

The King has brought me into His chambers and I am finally home where I belong.
(October 28, 2005)

No comments: