Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Sound of Music

Today I experienced musical theatre for the very first time. My son Jonathan took me to the Princess of Wales Theatre here in Toronto for the Sound of Music. It has been playing here for at least a year and is soon ending its run.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket


Photobucket Photobucket


I was so impressed by everything from the superb vocal talent of all the cast, the orchestra and the music of Rogers and Hammerstein to the way the sets were so amazingly slid into place.

A wonderful day with my son was a lovely bonus. It was like magic.

I have always loved this story and when it made its debut with Julie Andrews in the movie , I was so very young I not only fell in love with Christopher Plummer but must have seen the movie at least ten times in 1965.

I guess I'm very romantic at heart and would most certainly take to the hills with some very handsome 'Captain' myself if given the opportunity.

No comments: