Monday, August 14, 2006

Beautiful Day For A Wedding

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the front of the Chapel/School where the wedding was held. Gracie went to this prestigious all girls school , and that was a pre-requisite for being able to be wed there. It is the female equivalent to the Upper Canada school for boys. There was a chap playing the bagpipes outside as the guests were arriving.
Before the ceremony began the groom and his best man, Jason, were shut up in a little room by themselves where the brothers had some last minute time together. Jason told me, he would take the bullet for his brother this day by protecting him. Today was all about Jack. As I tried to sneak some pictures through the glass, Jack discovered my camera. This was so fun!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As the Bride made her way down the aisle toward her Bridegroom , the trumpet sang the wedding song, 'Here comes the Bride'.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Rings

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Dip

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He 'dipped'Gracie with a big kiss here and as they walked down the aisle as husband and wife. Too funny Jack!

A Few Family Photo's

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Julie, Jack's sister and the very happy Mother of the groom.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yvonne and Jason, the Best man for his brother.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A very wonderful day ! This mother's heart wept more than a few times throughout the day and evening. To be sharing the happiness of these two lovely and devoted children was a dream come true for me. I wish them both 'Happily ever After' and pray that as they encounter the challenges and trials of their life together, they will remember to 'Default to the Romance' , as God does with us and He invites us to do as well.
I was reminded of the scripture from Song of Solomon 3:11. Go forth , O Daughters of Zion, and see King Solomon with the crown with which his mother crowned him on the day of his wedding, the day of the gladness of his heart.
So I crowned them with my Love and my Blessing , and experienced the gladness of the Heart of the Jesus as He rejoices over us, His Bride. Yes Lord, it was a wonderful day for the wedding of my son. Thank You.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Lovely, lovely post. I am really glad that it all went well and I am so happy for Jack.....remembering those bird funeral days with a lot of laughter!

Anonymous said...

You look soo beautiful Nancy.
What a lovely wedding!!
Your blessing touched my heart!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Very nice!

Bev said...

It must have been wonderful to have your kids all around you on this special day!!

girlhart said...

Shock shock!!!! Yes it is me!!! Looks like it was a awesome wedding and your looking well also. I will be looking you up when I am out that way, email me with your phone number if you can!! Well girl we will chat again soon. Love ya!!

Erica said...

Wonderful pictures!
What a beautiful place to get married, the chapel is lovely.
I'm glad your son and his bride had a wonderful wedding, and let's hope the honeymoon is just as exciting!
:-)