Monday, August 07, 2006

Seasons Change

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the fullness of time ....God

Blessed be the Name of God forever and ever....
HE CHANGES THE TIMES AND THE SEASONS; He removes kings and raises up kings;

He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.
He reveals what lies in darkness, and Light dwells with Him.

Lately I find myself crying out more and more for these things.
Wisdom. Understanding. Knowledge. Light.
The Light of His Presence within and upon my frame.

I have just finished working a seven day shift of overnights, combined with some short day shifts. Yes, I am toast ! The world is in a state of war, gas prices are soaring, and yet we are somehow compelled to go about life as if all of these things have no affect on us directly, except for the gas prices .....give me a break !

I wonder at the contrast between the big picture, trusting that the Lord has it all in His very capable hands. The little picture being the strange world I find myself in with dear people on the edge of eternity who have little or no remembrance of what they had for breakfast this morning, and who ask many times as I am dressing them, what day is it ? And your name is ?

I wonder if in my own life I have tried to change the times and seasons in my own strength. Grasping the vision or the dream, and in my zeal, finding myself in the position of Joseph, who perhaps unwisely shared his dream prematurely.

Then I read Psalm 105:17.
He sent a man before them, Joseph who was sold as a slave. They hurt his feet with fetters, he was laid in irons.

Until the time that his word came to pass , the word of the Lord tested him.

All that to say that when I seem to think all I can see is the mist obscuring my vision, the veil lifts for a brief moment, and the purpose is revealed again.

The goal of the Lord I believe is to form us to be His Image Bearers, and in so doing create those who will be trustworthy in the coming days to walk in His power and authority without defilement. Clothed in the character of Jesus , walking as He did in abandonment to His Father and jealous for His Glory.

So I am tested over and over again, as these things are being worked into my being.

When I understand this , I am at peace once again, even though I do not understand the journey towards this goal.

Here in my home town that is not really home any longer, I am very aware that I am not who I used to be. Faced with the many memories of my past I am confronted with the choices to once again, forgive, and leave all bitterness and wrath at the cross, and at the same time finding those places in me still alive with the pain of brokeness and betrayal.

So I will press on as best I can relying on Mercy to carry me .

No comments: