Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Crushed

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gen.3:15 He shall bruise your head and you shall bruise His heal.

He did it ! This is a bit of a gruesome picture, but I need to remember the significance of the unseen battle that rages around us. I am grateful for the ultimate Truth of the Victory that Jesus won the day He poured out His Life to save me. Is. 53.

In a previous post by John Paul Jackson, the point that the Lord brought home to me was the statement that, ''they have not come against you, they have come against Me. I will deal with it.'' And He did.

I am thankful for the reminder that it is not always me, (though sometimes it is,) who has messed up, or missed God. There are other forces, always working, trying to cause us to stumble, trying to cause us to doubt the Word of God Himself, to accuse Him of all manner of things.

My journey has been a struggle having difficulty seeing the path even remembering the promise in the first place.
There has been a spirit of fear that has been dogging my steps, trying to have me accuse God of His ability to provide and accusing myself of not hearing in the first place so why should He ? It's crazy ! Truth is He is Always here and it is the voice of my pain that deafens me to this awareness sometimes .

I wonder at the mystery how sometimes God seems silent but really He is shouting in our ears.

Amazing!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are right, that is a GROSS picture....but a good one.
But still GROSS - mostly because it is a GROSS snake....GROSS..did I say that word already?

Anonymous said...

This picture is depicting the fulfillment of God's word to Satan in Genesis 3:15 -
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.

There's a similar scene in the promos to mel gibson's "the passion of the christ" where you see a snake slithering and a foot comes down and crushes its head.

Keep your eyes on Jesus, Nancy. The Lord is with you!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, now that a couple of others have commented on this incredible post, let me join in! I think you have to have lived with the threat of vipers and cobras and mambas and pythons showing up anywhere at any time to get the full impact of this picture! I sure do relate to your response, Rebecca! I can hear the same shivver that I felt! It rattled my timbers and it's not even a rattler!