Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Justice

Image hosting by Photobucket

Justice .... 1.n. a being righteous, 2. fairness. 3. rightfulness.4. reward or penalty as deserved 5.the use of authority to uphold what is just.

That is the cry of my heart today. A senior lady and her husband come to the dining room for breakfast.
The housekeeper assigned to clean their suite enters to clean while they are at their meal.(not this housekeeper)

During the meal, the lady has a 'accident', and has to be removed by her husband.
Once inside their suite, the husband takes his wife of very many years, into the clean bathroom, in order to clean her up. This man then proceeds to shout abuse and profanity at this lady, already very humiliated, while cleaning her.

Why is he angry I wonder? Is he scared ? Has the reality of the decline of his wife's health pushed him to the edge? Why is he taking his rage out on the one who can not fight back because she needs him to help her ? I do not know their story.

This evening at dinner time, they exit from the elevator. She is seated on her walker, and he is pushing her to the dining room. He curses because he is having difficulty . I glance at the woman and see a frightened silent captive.

Anger burns in my heart towards the man. I try to talk to the Lord about this. I am not to judge anyone. But my blood boils at the thought of this lady being humiliated by her husband.

Justice Lord! Come and make things right. We need you so desperately . We are animals of destruction without You. Our potential for destroying each other scares me. Man without God....the human heart without the Creator of that heart dwelling inside.

Unthinkable agony, for the Heart of the Savior who is also the only Righteous Judge, as He observes His Creation in such a state.

Yet He restrains himself , yet again, for the sake of mercy.
He alone knows the fullness of the reality that awaits the lost. So He restrains.

He observes with gut wrenching sobs the abuse of this life He created, yet he restrains a little while longer.

I still must cry out for the Judge to come. How desperately we need Him. That little terrified lady needs Justice to fight for her. (At least I can pray.)

Yes, he is a Terrifying Judge, but He is also the Lamb slain in our place, who took our judgement upon Himself. A Wonder of Salvation this Judge, and a Terror for those who decline His Invitation to Life. Is.63.

After I finished posting this rant, I was heading of to bed, when the lyrics to an old Daivid Ruis song rang inside of me. I had to get up and come back to it.

"I STAND IN AWE OF A GOD, WHO'S HEART IS RAVISHED OVER FALLEN MAN. WASHED IN THE POWER OF INNOCENT BLOOD, IT'S COVERING ALL OF MY SIN, AND I COME ....I COME."

3 comments:

Mandy said...

What a difficult situation. It is heartbreaking, the injustice of this world. And yet, we cry out for mercy. Have mercy on us, God.

Rebecca said...

I would be incensed if I encountered such a situation.....good grief.......old people here are treated badly very often as well, not just by their family members but by hospital and care staff......disgusting!

Anonymous said...

Keep praying Nancy. Keep praying for God's special grace to come to this situation.