Saturday, April 08, 2006

Springing Forth

Image hosting by Photobucket

The other day I was wondering if God moves His clock ahead. Does He 'spring forward'?
Is there a timing in God, that we need to be aware of ?
Over the years I have known that this is true, and that I need to be considering His timing while in the midst of planning my own life.

Hey! I wonder if the 'change of life' or the big M,(yes, men go through it too) is a very long,( for some of us,) 'season' of transition that we experience. Why ? Maybe, so that we can take courage knowing that sometimes the seasons of God seem not only unending, but are filled with turbulence. But I digress.

The following three verses in Isaiah speak of God's change into new seasons:

Is. 46:6. You have heard; see all this! And you , Will you not declare it?
I have made you hear new things from this time, even hidden things which you have not known.

Is. 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.

Is.42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, now I declare new things; before they spring forth I proclaim them to you.

Notice the phrase spring forth in the last two verses? These words mark a shift in time. Something new is about to spring forth. Will you not be aware of it He asks.

Often God waits until the last moment to move. But it is also true that when He does move, it can transpire quickly.

I want to understand and recognize the divine shifts in my life. Moments when God changes the times and the seasons. I want to be alert and flexible . I want to be ready.

Some of the above is from a book by Dutch Sheets, God's Timing for Your Life.

God's time is moving forward hour by hour, minute by minute.There are multitudes that seem to think they can live by any schedule they choose and that in their own time , they can turn to God. But His time is the right time.

No comments: