Friday, April 28, 2006

Meet Ruth

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Today as I finished my 'time' at work, I took a few pictures of some of my favorites.
My friend Ruth. Tuesdays at noon. I would come to her door, where her loving family have placed bright green shamrocks , so she would know it was her door.
Ruth would offer me cookies or seven up, ask me to 'sit' and chat. I would eventually get my work done on time.

I noticed all the little notes placed around her apartment. This light switch turns off the bathroom light. etc. and I knew. I knew by the trembling inside of me and the sadness dawning upon me, as I became aware of the long and heartbreaking road this family will walk.

I will treasure knowing Ruth . This is another 'Lady' Jesus has used to change my life and my path. It has been a very good experience in many ways, with the exception of the physical strain on my body.

Yesterday, I was feeling so tired and silly , not to mention sick with a cold. I gripped my trusty toilet brush, and bending down once again over 'the bowl', I chuckled to myself and came up with a new name for myself. 'The Lady of the Bowl' and the brush was my sceptre. I cracked myself up !

I remember in the winter, thinking how long oh Lord? Will this season never end? Really it hasn't been that long, time wise, just heart wise.

The benefits have been bursting to the surface within me this last week.
There was a comment on my last post by my friend Greg Burnett

It went like this. I hear Jesus walking with you. And I see you ministering to Him in His 'distressing disguise'. (cf. Mother Teresa)

I was totally undone. His distressing disguise.

Suddenly these words put a whole new light on the words of Isaiah 53.

He has no form or comliness; And when we see Him there is no beauty that we should desire Him.
He is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid as it were our faces from Him;
He was despised and we did not esteem him. Surely He has born our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.


Now I really want to 'see'. I want to be aware of the 'distessing disguise' of my Beloved as He walks this planet today, gazing into my eyes from the face of someone like my friend Ruth.

Maybe I really am the 'Lady of the Bowl', and instead of the toilet brush , I will exchange it for a basin and a towel. I will once again go to the low places, where I may, by loves gaze meet my Beloved in more lovely people like those I have encountered and served these last few brief but stunning months.

Tonight I will pack and early tomorrow head 14 hours south to the Prayer Room. It feels like coming Home again. Thank You Jesus for all You have started to begin in me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

When we come into the Kingdom of our beloved, the Lord Jesus, I do hope to be near enough to His throne to be able to see the back of your head.

Greg

Mandy said...

i have to agree with greg, nancy. the sweet smelling fragrance of His pure heart is exuding from your life. what a blessing you are.

Nancy said...

Awww...you guys are so sweet . Thank you so much. I love having friends like you. Bless you both as you each take your place in building His House.