Monday, April 02, 2007

Seasons Change

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This is a photo of my 'Lady B'. In earlier times she used to walk everywhere. She was known around town as 'The Lady Who Walks'. A few years ago someone took a couple of pictures of her as she was out enjoying her daily walks. She was known to walk many miles, and always had a smile and friendly greeting for those she met. She is in amazing condition for a woman now in her ninety first year.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Now all the walking she gets to do is with her walker, around her home three times , from the living room to the kitchen, in a circle. Then back and forth to her bedroom.
She has the greatest and most gracious attitude all the time, except perhaps when 'M' gives Sam a little too much attention ... in her opinion.

She has also blessed me with her sense of humor and wit. When we walk by these photo's and I ask who is this girl in the pointy hat/head ? Her response is ' that is the best picture ever taken of me' Doesnt show my face!. She cracks me up sometimes.

Today as I was getting her washed and dressed I was so aware of her vulnerability.She likely never imagined during her long walks that the day would come when she would no longer be able to walk without assistance.

Kind of makes you wonder sometimes. I said to her yesterday, 'B.' You have had a wonderful life haven't you?' and she responded with ' I am 'still having' a wonderful life! I count my blessings every night.' What a trouper Lady B. is !

1 comment:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Nancy, I always love these little anecdotes! They always put a smile on my face! Thanks!