Monday, May 01, 2006

Safe in the House

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well it took me fifteen and a half hours to get here on Saturday, but I made it safely in spite of being so tired that I had to make frequent stops because of drowsiness.

It rained most of the way down, and was torrential as I drove the 435 in the dark. This was exactly what I had wanted to avoid, since I don't see that well driving at night. But I lived , with another fear biting the dust, and my courage and faith strengthened a bit even as I asked the Lord the point of doing it this way.

Yesterday was spent right here, in my favorite spot. Safe in the arms of Love. It feels so good to be back in such a safe place.

Life in the Spirit is so rich here, and many friends were happy to see me. Something extremely rare for me in the 'Peg.

Mostly though, I am experiencing so much peace, like I have never known before. It is so easy to let the Lord sweep me up in His embrace, and just rest there. Just to BE with Him. No striving, so heavy oppression to fight through now, just rest.

I have to admit the journey down was one where I felt resistance all the way to the border of Iowa. That's through the two states of North and South Dakota. It just reminded me that the last few months have been a great struggle, and some of those things did not want to release me from their grip.

Breakthrough met me , and the heavens opened once again.
I will try to get as much prayer room time as I am able, to let the refreshing Life of Jesus fill ever part.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long are you going to be in KC? Any chance you would move to Charlotte?

Rebecca said...

Look at that....your plans may change Nancy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there with you. I love IHOP.

Nancy said...

Well Greg, I am only here for ten days, and then I am moving to Southern Ontario for a while. Who knows, Charlotte is closer from there I think.
Did you guys sell your house yet ?

Eric, I love it here too . The Presence is rich especially in comparison to some places I have been.

Really though, it's all about carrying that Presence wherever we go, no matter how extreme, right Rebecca?

Anonymous said...

We have not sold the house yet; we are in the throes of getting it ready, and have made great headway. My sister in law was in town on Saturday and she was amazed at how great the house is looking since she last saw it in the fall.

PS Eric loves IHOP, but I love it more!!!